Thursday, August 12, 2010

Issue: Pro-Choice

I am pro-choice. I support a woman’s right to choose, as well as providing health education, access to birth control and supporting women who choose to carry their pregnancies to term. As a working mother and community outreach nurse educator at a local women’s college, I understand the issues women face, and respect all of the personal decisions a woman may make.
My voice, as a woman, will be valuable at the State House. I have balanced having a family and a work life and know the constant strain and stress so many families face.
We don’t have balance in our Legislature. Women make up over half of our population, but only 26 percent of our State Representatives are women. And progress is not coming easily; there are fewer women in our State Legislature today than there were 10 years ago. I will bring perspective, experience and a strong voice to the debate at the State House on many issues, like jobs and economic development, containing health-care costs while preserving access and quality care and protecting local aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment